August 06, 2008

del.icio.us updated...

As mentioned in the previous post, one of my biggest complaints about del.icio.us was its very ugly interface. Well, I logged in yesterday to tag an item (it had probably been a couple of weeks) and lo and behold the interface has been updated.

It's a lot less haphazard in appearance, however, the font is a bit tiny, but that's generally because of my work monitor and the screen setting I have to have it on to not have things be blurry. I'm still trying to decide what I think of the new interface, but I will say that it's better than the old. The awful pink and pale pink highlighting is gone. It did take me a while to figure out that the "inbox" is now where I find things tagged for me (I will eventually read the information on the new interface), though the font color still leaves a bit to be desired. In this case, I say there's nothing wrong with black... the shade of blue they use can sometimes be difficult to read.

Overall, though, I'm glad to see it cleaned up.

No comments: