September 04, 2008

CECS 5210 Week 1 Question...

Given what you have read about instructional design, how important is it to what your future work goals are?

My career thus far has always contained a course design and delivery function. My true love is delivering technology education to librarians. No matter how I intend to accomplish this in the future, instructional design is one of the foundations of success to a good course. Making sure to analyze no only the material to be presented but also the audience which will be attending has often been the key factor to the quality of the knowledge transfered. Additionally, I have found that evaluation and closing the feedback loop to be instrumental to improving the effectiveness of not only my teaching style but the reference materials the students retain. I'm looking forward to learning about instructional design in a formal manner, as most of mine has been JIT or on-the-job training.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too think evaluation is a great feedback tool! The teachers/librarians you are working with may think of things in a completely different way than you ever thought of :)